• « Winter has arrived in… Singapore?!    Just a CNY update »
    January 21st 2018 , 5:16 pm
    Categories: Food, Friendship, Personal life, Pictures, Reviews

It was 23 degree celsius last Sunday. This Sunday, it became 33 degree celsius. 10 degree difference in a span of a week. :sad: I am not sure if I prefer the cold weather of 23 degree celsius or just the hot weather of 33 degree celsius. Can I have somewhere in between? :disappointed: 28 degree celsius is very much preferred. #SakuraPreferredWeather :happy:

I met Huiling 2 days back (Friday, 19 January 2018) and the last time we met was around 1 year ago (the pre-CNY period). Seems like it has became a tradition and we are determined to break it this year. Haha, definitely need to meet up with her more often.

Original plan was to have Beauty in a Pot for dinner but silly/naive me forgot to reserve a seat so by the time I do a walk-in, they said that the next available slot is at 1030pm. Eh, I did a walk-in at 745pm and I have to wait for a few hrs just to have my dinner?! Erm no thanks. :crazy:

So we went to 49 Seats for dinner instead. It was recommended by Huiling and whoa, she has good recommendations! The food was nice and the environment is pretty chill too. I’m not a picky eater so I am good with most food options. :smile:

Huiling ordered smoked duck pasta while I ordered tom yam seafood pasta. Both of us went for meal set which gave us soup of the day (mushroom soup) and iced lemon tea. We also ordered the salted egg popcorn chicken to share too. Lucky Huiling got the 30% discount (maximum discount) when she spun the wheel of discounts too. If it was me, I doubt I will be getting any discount… That’s how “lucky” I am when it comes to getting discounts… :stressed:

The interior design of the place is also pretty cool too! Just look at the cool decorations on the wall (see below for the photo)!

Will I go there again? Yes definitely for a relaxing TGIF meal or weekend meal. :happy:

However, if you are a picky eater and wants superb western food, I wouldn’t recommend you to visit 49 Seats.

So after we had our dinner, I went to get one of my favourite chocolate milk tea with pearls from Koi before we embark on our walking HTHT (heart to heart talk) session. It’s nice to walk and chat at the same time. It’s even better to have a Koi drink on my hands while doing that. :happy: Life’s simplest pleasures aren’t that expensive. I also clocked quite a number of calories and step count on my Apple Watch as well. Yay for a healthier lifestyle! :grin:

Comments

yayamy
      22nd January 2018, 3:31 am

Glad you had fun at 49 seats! I am quite a picky eater, but that food looks really nice. Hope you get to go again!

– Amy (mamyology.com)

Edel
      23rd January 2018, 4:42 am

That looks absolutely delicious! I had a similar weekend, full of yummy food. I like your acronym, HTHT. :) Sounds very intimate!

sheenalovessunsets491306156
      23rd January 2018, 3:25 pm

Food looks really great!

Sheena | http://sheenalovessunsets.com

Michelle
      26th January 2018, 1:06 am

That is a big jump. Where I live (Texas) the weather jumped from 32Fn (0 C) to about 60F (15 C) what the hell but I should be used to that XD

Yummy! Looks like you had a great weekend!

Claudine
      26th January 2018, 4:11 pm

Oh my gosh, that is a super huge jump in temperature. It’s so easy to get sick with this kind of erratic weather -_-

The food looks awesome! And looks like the servings are large! <3

Kassy (@up)
      27th January 2018, 12:43 pm

Wow, that is a big change in temperature in a short period of time. I much prefer the colder weather and haven’t liked the heat wave we have had with some places over 40 degrees. >.<

Meeting up with friends is a great thing to do. :D It's wonderful to catch up with people that mean a lot to you.

I am glad that it worked out with the recommendation, after not being able to have a seat at the other place.

Xian
      5th February 2018, 12:03 pm

The foods are so mouthwatering! If ever we have that resto here, i’ll try it because of you :D

Clint
      16th February 2018, 5:23 am

The food really looks good, especially your seafood pasta.

I prefer cold weather than humid. Unfortunately, here in my country, we have to travel 4-5 hours to be in a place where there is constant cold temperature.