• « Last day of work at the company    Winter has arrived in… Singapore?! »
    January 7th 2018 , 5:26 pm
    Categories: Music, Music Composition, Personal life, Videos

I’m spending my last day of unemployment listening to Stefanie Sun’s music… Just fall in love with one of her songs, Windbreaker. Those triplets in the chorus are really nice hooks. :smile:

I went for songwriting lesson earlier (after nearly a month break because my teacher is too busy with endless musicals, concerts and his first album release). I was tasked to pick a song to practise and I have chosen 3 of them. Actually, I only picked 2 songs but thought maybe I can try out Stefanie Sun’s new song to practise at the last moment.

These are the songs that I picked. Hehe.

In the end, my teacher picked the last song – Stefanie Sun’s A Dancing Van Gogh. It’s a tough song to analyse with lots of modulations and stuff. But it will be an interesting material to study in the next few weeks…

Comments

Sheena
      8th January 2018, 9:33 am

Love how songs can be so relatable just by their music and rhythm even if the lyrics is in another language. Hope that you’ll share with us your analysis on some songs :)

Sheena | http://www.sheenalovessunsets.com

Brandi
      9th January 2018, 8:56 am

Wow that’s so awesome!!!! I love these song choices :)

Adrianne Marie
      9th January 2018, 12:58 pm

Songwriting lessons! I sing in my church choir every Sunday, and I’ve always loved singing, but never really had the aptitude of creating my own music. I guess I’m more of a visual person than hearing.

Good choice of songs though. I haven’t been listening to a lot of today’s music as of late. I’m one of those people who couldn’t seem to let go of the classics. ^^

Kassy
      14th January 2018, 4:46 pm

Best of luck with studying the selected song. Even though it might be a bit of a challenge I am sure you will learn a lot from it. :D

Xian
      14th January 2018, 6:45 pm

Ahhh~ I wanted as well to learn songwriting XD Good luck on your lessons!

Btw— I’m back! Yay! :D