It’s the last day of the year and it is also a time to reflect on my past year. 2017 has been good to me. I have been juggling with:
- Full time job in the tech industry – always thankful to get to work in an US MNC like Autodesk as my first job
- Violin lessons – thankful that my finger injury has somewhat recovered fully now
- Songwriting lessons – more of aural training classes, really
- Part time Masters student – along with security project with a research focus
- Yoga lessons – because I also need to keep fit, haha
It is pretty crazy and busy for me but I somehow managed to survive through all of them.
I also got myself a new phone (say hi to iPhone 8 Plus) and a new watch (yay for Apple Watch 3). Oh, I got myself a new laptop that is much lighter so that I can bring it to school without breaking my back. Lots of new gadgets for myself this year indeed.
What I absolutely love is the 9GB data plan that I signed up for cause that means I no longer need to bring another phone out to tether for internet access or pay excessive phone bills cause I burst my data limit again.
I have also started my investment journey and slowly (and steadily) building my portfolio this year. Kind of late but still better than nothing? Hehe.
I wonder what 2018 will bring me…
- Definitely another degree as I am graduating next semester
- A new work environment as I have signed the employment contract for the new company that I am joining
- Perhaps more focus on how to earn more money through investments and less shopping? I should learn to save more for the rainy days
- And last but not least, more exercise as I am growing fatter year after year…
How had 2017 treated you guys and what do you look forward in 2018?