Happy 2021! 2020 has been an interesting year that I am sure many won’t forget. The pandemic has been with us for close to a year and accelerated many technological advancements which will probably take another 5 to 10 years without COVID-19. Who would have thought that a pandemic would drive technological advancements in such a high pace?
I wanted to review the following new year resolutions I had for year 2020. I didn’t manage to fulfil all of them but I did try.
- Sleep early everyday, even on weekends. I failed these miserably. I am even sleeping at 3am sometimes. Sigh.
- Eat more healthily. Yes I am drinking more probiotics. Healthier eating and less fried food. Can I consider this as done?
- Exercise more. Thanks to the pandemic, I am staying at home even more hence got more chance to workout. Like Chloe Ting workout videos and Yoga Movement on Zoom.
- Practise violin more. Sigh, didn’t manage to hit this.
- Spend wisely. I am less prone to impulse buying but I got a luxury bag this year. I think I am going to fail this badly in 2021 though.
- Spend more time reading up on investments and invest for the future. I still didn’t get to learn how to invest although I did make a few investment decisions this year. 2020 is a good year for investment which I wished I am more brave to make the decisions to buy certain stocks.
- Get a technical certification this year. I got 5 in 2020! 3 Azure certifications, 1 AWS certification and 1 Splunk certification.
4 out of 7 completed in 2020. What should I set for this year? Hmm… maybe I will set the following and strive to complete as many as I can.
- Sleep before 1am everyday, even on weekends.
- Continue to eat more healthily.
- Workout at least once a week.
- Practise violin more.
- Spend wisely and keep to the budget.
- Be brave and make the investment decisions needed to improve my finances.
- Get another technical certification this year.
Hopefully I will do better this year than 2020.